Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got the Omen 875.  Liking it so far, and it's pretty quiet, but I can hear the fans if there's no other noise in the room.  Just wondering if replacing the stock ones with another kind would reduce noise, or is this about as good as it gets

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@xrayz

Welcome to HP forums, I see that your omen computer is making loud fan noise.

I will be more than glad to assist you.

• Provide the computer complete model number or product number?

Reply with the requested information for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, it's the Omen 875-0014.  I wouldn't say the fan is actually loud, but it is audible.  It's probably normal, but I was wondering if maybe there was an aftermarket brand that would run even quieter, or are they all about the same?

Also, I see some people mentioned it's possible to add a 120mm fan to the top of the case to aid with cooling, but that would probably increase noise as well, I'm guessing.

HP Recommended

@xrayz

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Update your computer BIOS

Refer this HP document for the steps to update the BIOS:- Click here

Adjust the power settings

1. At the Start screen, type Power Plan to open the Search charm, and then select Choose a power plan from the Search results list.

Figure : Choose a power plan

Search field with Choose a power plan selected
  2. Click Power Saver and close the window.

Figure : Power Saver

Selecting a power plan
    note:

If you do not see Power saver, click Show additional plans

3. Restart the computer.

If the fan is quiet, the problem is solved.

You can refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think here is the information you need:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/OMEN-880-050-Cooling/m-p/677057...

I don't know if the 875 can mount a 120mm fan at the rear. If not, search for the 92mm model (92x92x25)

Noctua is one of the main brands among those that make silent components.

I'm considering buying the same model, are the fans audible when your computer is idle?

HP Recommended

Thanks, I will check out those Noctua fans.  That sounds like what I'm looking for. 

As for the current, factory setup, I can hear the fan even at idle, but only in a totally quiet room.  I wouldn't say it's loud or anything, just audible.  I wouldn't let that keep me from buying the PC, but if I can get it even quieter, that would be nice.

HP Recommended

Just FYI for anyone with this model (875-0014), case fan is 92mm and CPU fan is 80mm.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.