Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upgraded my GPU from the nvidia 1060 3gb to a AMD Radeon rx 580. So far I’m in love with the upgrade but every now and then screen will turn black for a hot 2 seconds with volume still playing. Every time it happens, there are either updates available to OS or GPU so I throw on the new updates.

I also think it might be part of the power supply being at 500w. Which power supply would be good to go to upgrade to? I’m not familiar with the modular or non modular and not sure what the Omen came with 

Also, I do plan on upgrading to Ryzen 7 1800x soon so I would like to also know what power supply to have for that as well as what liquid coolers are available and can fit the 1800x inside the Omen 880 case

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Boyddr

Welcome to HP support community.

I see that both Omen 880-010 and AMD Radeon rx 580 need 500 W power supply.

Update Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers using HP Support Assistant to fix this issue.

Refer this HP document for the steps to use HPSA:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

[deleted] added to original message

HP Recommended

@Boyddr

Welcome to HP support community.

I see that both Omen 880-010 and AMD Radeon rx 580 need 500 W power supply.

Update Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers using HP Support Assistant to fix this issue.

Refer this HP document for the steps to use HPSA:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.