Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp omen gaming desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought Corsair ram tried installing it . Computer ran just fine that day but then next day computer won’t boot up and it beeps. Took to Best Buy and they had to ship to Kentucky geek squad and they said motherboard and processor needs to be replaced at $674 I ok the fix three weeks later my computer is back at Best Buy unfixed ! Could it really be motherboard and processor?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Its really hard to say without having it in possession to test with.

It also depends on what the beep code was.

Why was the ram replaced, just upgrading to more capacity?

The first thing I would have done is revert back to the original ram and test with that (assuming you didn't throw it away). The new ram could be the culprit.

If they tested the ram slots and determined that the slots themselves was the actual issue, then yes a motherboard replacement would be in order. No way for me to guess at this point since Best Buy has already done work on it. I would think they guarantee their work, so I don't know what to advise at this point.

HP Recommended

Best Buy geek squad says it needs new motherboard and processor. I ok them to fix but they say they cannot get parts. Where can I buy the

Higos 

• SSID: 8309 motherboard 
HP Recommended

Best Buy geek squad says it needs new motherboard and processor. I ok them to fix but they say they cannot get parts. Where can I buy the

Higos SSID: 8309 motherboard 

HP Recommended

Unfortunately HP doesn't sell them through their parts store. If Best Buy cant get it, I don't know where else you could unless you found a used one on eBay.

I would talk to them about using a brand name Micro ATX motherboard instead. The case Standoffs will be the same. There wont be the connections for the case lighting unless they got creative, but the power wiring should work still.  I don't know what Best Buys policy is on customizing an OEM product. Their policies might not allow that.

If they wont do that, you would have to do it yourself.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.