Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sir_Sirius
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen 880-029 problems? Video exports dropped frames and music cuts.

Omen 880-029
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

So I bought an Omen 880-029 and returned a first one because it made so many weird noises and it couldn't render video properly.

I play video games. I record with Elgato software. I export to the 2 TB HDD. Always, the music randomly cuts out or frames drop out.

So I exchanged it for another one. It doesn't make noise anymore, but I have the same problem with dropped frames and music cuts after my videos are done processing.

WTH?

My 10 year old non-gaming computer would NOT do that. (or very rarely) Now it happens all the time, in every single video.

I don't get it. It's annoying.

Is it because I export the videos to the HDD while the software runs on the SSD? Otherwise, no updates or whatever can explain that, as everything inside that computer is miles better than what's in my old computer which I'll probably have to go back to now?

Ugh.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,214
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sir_Sirius,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with FPS reduces while playing games. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to make any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the PC: 

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Let's start off by updating the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Once done, restart the computer and then check.

Alternatively, you can check the settings.

Right-click your desktop background and select NVIDIA Control Panel. You can also find this tool by performing a Start menu (or Start screen) search for NVIDIA Control Panel or by right-clicking the NVIDIA icon in your system tray and selecting Open NVIDIA Control Panel. 

  

To quickly set a system-wide preference, you could use the Adjust image settings with the preview option. For example, if you have old hardware that struggles to play the games you want to play, you may want to select “Use my preference emphasizing” and move the slider all the way to “Performance.” This trades graphics quality for an increased frame rate. 

  

By default, the “Use the advanced 3D image settings” option is selected. You can select Manage 3D settings and change advanced settings for all programs on your computer or just for specific games. NVIDIA keeps a database of the optimal settings for various games, but you’re free to tweak individual settings here. Just mouse-over an option for an explanation of what it does. 

  

If you have a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus technology — that is, both NVIDIA and Intel graphics — this is the same place you can choose which applications will use the NVIDIA hardware and which will use the Intel hardware. 

  

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Sir_Sirius
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the stock reply, Jeet!

You probably didn't read my message, of course! In any case, I went to your page!

Let's see what all of those downloaded drivers tell me!

"This computer does not meet the minium requirements for installing the software."

Wait, WHAT? Didn't I just spend $2000 on a gaming rig here? Wow.

What else?

"A newer version is already installed on this computer. Are you sure you want to install?"

Awesome.

Thanks for the tips! And thanks for showing me that the ultra-expensive computer I bought is not even good enough to install the software YOU recommended! Thanks, Jeet!

No, I didn't make any changes on this computer. I told you already. The previous Omen 880-029 did the samething.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,214
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sir_Sirius,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation