Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Z5P63AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i have an omen 880-058, im trying to figure out what some good upgrades are for it. Just want an idea of what a good upgrade for the graphics card mainly but any other upgrades i can make. Right now i have a geforce 1050ti and 16gs of ram (corsair vengeance). i want to upgrade to something better. Please please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Ickills 

To be able to answer you more efficiently, I need you to define what your idea of " i want to upgrade to something better" is.

In what way does it need to be better or what is your ultimate goal here?

Because with what you are asking currently, you're going to need to also upgrade the power supply, a new heat sink and install an SSD. With everything else you "want",  all you need now is a motherboard and case and you have a whole new computer... 😉

HP Recommended

Hello @Photoray002

Umm wow thanks...... Okay lol will you please send me some ideas on that then please links to good affordable parts i have $1000 budget. I can still use the ram and graphics card right? Im not too into computers like that so some help on what i would need would be great

HP Recommended

Umm...  I am merely pointing out the fact that what you purposed, would not make any sense financially. Plus buying parts for a whole new PC would defeat the purpose if you're only going to reinstall that low end graphics card back into it. You should consider keeping that old PC complete for a back up. There are other forums dedicated to doing your homework for you and spelling out exactly what you would need to build your own "do it yourself" PC.

What kind of games are you expecting to play and on what kind of monitor and at what settings? There are a lot of questions to ask yourself. I don't know what games you are wanting to play and on what type of monitor.

$1000 will get eaten up fast if buying your own components, you might want to look into simply purchasing a more powerful PC that's already built. Then the work is already done and you will have a warranty to go with it, if something goes wrong. Since you don't know what you're doing, this might be something to consider. If you can save up a little more, I would look into another PC that already has what you would want.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/gaming/omen.html#modal=desktops-overlay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.