Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey,

I have an Omen 880-100 that is 3.5 years old now. I recently started getting error 90b indicating there was something specifically wrong with the pump. I cleaned the computer and it seemed fine for a bit before the error showed up again in around half a week afterwards. I decided to replace the stock cpu liquid cooler that it came with and I got a corsair h60 as a replacement. The fan seems to be working and the original error is gone, but I'm still stuck with error 90b, but this time it says its a system fan issue. The new cooler itself seems to be working alright so I'm not too worried, but the error itself is quite annoying to deal with.

I've tried following HP's official advice regarding the error but it hasn't helped so far. My bios is currently F.54.  I've read other topics about this error that say that maybe changing the default fan speed for the aftermarket cooler could help, but Omen's bios doesn't really allow that. Also, I initially had the headers connected so that the pump tach was connected to the pump fan header and the radiator fan tach was connected to the cpu fan header. I changed them to match the instructions given by the corsair manual so my headers are now connected to the reverse - pump tach to the cpu fan, and radiator fan fach to pump header. Both ways caused the error to show up.

Does anyone else have any ways that I can deal with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@I0-

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

This seems like a hardware issue with the system board. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 
As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If you have a spare fan lying around, try if the error persists with it attached to the sys_fan header. Perhaps there is a built in security in the motherboard that notices there is no power draw on the sys_fan header, thus throwing the error.

I assume it could be that there is a broken component (perhaps a ventilator) attached to it, or that perhaps there used to be something attached to it and the system expects there to be something.

I'm no wiring expert, and normally I'd say follow the corsair manual, but sometimes OEMs require a slightly different wiring scheme.

HP Recommended

@I0-

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

This seems like a hardware issue with the system board. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. 
As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your comments. I have decided to live with the issue as it doesn't seem to be anything other than an annoyance.

HP Recommended

@I0-

Thank you for posting back. 

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.