Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-108na

Hi there. 

I was having an issue where the computer would start to boot, then blue screen, then system would appear to reboot and do 2 long bleeps then two short beeps,

This error seems to relate to the BIOS being corrupted.

I was changing around the HDD and stuff ready to do a BIOS update when to my surprise I saw the Windows screen. something I haven't seen for ages. Then a blue screen but this time was a different blue screen and didn't automatically restart. I messed around with it and was unable to get any further. At this point I decided to try a BIOS update hoping this would improve the situation.

I went ahead and downloaded sp97077  F.50 BIOS

I went into Diagnostic mode and flashed the BIOS from USB I think it said the old version was F.20 I think? Can't quite remember.

It seemed to finish up okay and when rebooted it said 

" A system BIOS Recovery error has occurred.
BIOS Recovery (500)
Enter - Continue Startup"

I press enter, system then reboots and beeps 8 times while displaying 

"BIOS Corruption has been detected. BIOS recovery will begin automatically when you restart your PC
BIOS recovery will take several minutes.........."

I tried flashing the other BIOS listed on the support section sp95516 which is BIOS F.21 and the recovery system said it couldn't read the image.

I have tried re flashing F.50 and retried F.21 with same results as previous.

It this point I'm stumped as to how to proceed. I was really hopeful that when I saw the desktop it would be okay.
I wish I had attempted a Windows reload before the BIOS update.

Thank you for any advice 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I hope somebody can help. perhaps an older BIOS image will help?

Do anyone know where I can find an older BIOS to flash? 

Maybe this will help

HP Recommended

@mvickers03

I have gone through your Post and I appreciate  all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point since the Computer is not even Posting due to corrupted BIOS, I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.