Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-160se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A month ago I was having problems with my PC. Wasn't sure what is was, but a friend let me borrow a test rig to see if my GPU was at fault, since when it got a load it would artifact then crash. Surprise, surprise, it was indeed the GPU. The computer broke down not even 2 years into owning it. I called support and they said it would cost $400-$700 dollars for repair. I was never warned that my warranty was up or told to renew it, so I no longer have that. I find it a little shocking that a faulty part on HP's behalf would cost me so much. I've had countless efforts to try to gain some support, but I've yet to hear anything from them as well. I finally got contact of the 30th of December, but that went nowhere, and I am still waiting for my escalated response to happen. All I hear is them telling me to call over the phone, but I have problems with that due to an anxiety disorder. I need this computer for school, which has started today, and the lack of help is making this an even more difficult situation.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Adamastus
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.