Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-549ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Techies,

I'm having a problem with my Omen 880-549ng.

Basically while gaming or doing cpu heavy tasks, the cpu temp rises to above 90°C and the fan noise is just unbearable.

I can even hear the fan through my over-ear headset.

All drivers, including the bios is latest version.

I did run 3dMark - Firestrike and made some screenshots of HWMonitor and the actual sensor log doing so, which you may find here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tPZIs4v2t_hsTjs18SjSu1IWixEa1kFd

As far as I'm aware temps should not get that high at all, especially not on a water-cooled cpu. Furthermore the Fan noise being produced is simply abnormal high.

Would be great if someone could point me to a solution for this problem.

Kind Regards

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi. 

I also play all heavy games on my Omen gaming laptop,i face same issue like fan really loud, when are ram is low, and u run many program, try to increase your ram,

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm not using a laptop!

Furthermore, RAM load is negligible when only using one program, a game, at once.

No matter how many programs you have opened that may block RAM, if there is only one program, the game active.

Memory swapping already exists since a decade and more and was designed for that, especially nowadays with DDR4, block RAM isn't an issue anymore.

In the end, with a gaming configured rig, which an Omen is, the cpu temps should never see these levels of temperature, nor should the fan get that loud, when it should be designed to live and breath high CPU and GPU loads.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.