Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-051ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

since I have tried everything I can imagine solving

my problem I thought someone experienced is able to help me.

I am using an HP Omen Desktop 880-051ng.

- Was never overclocked 

- Didnt change any hardware its vanilla as delivered.

- Windows 10 64 Bit with newest updates.

I was playing from saturday to sunday night Last weekend and everything was good. PC shut down with the familiar windows Screen as always.

Sunday afternoon. Black Screen of Death. You hear the vans working and as the PC is performing a start, but the Screens Keep black - no Signal.

What I have tried so far:

Changing TFT Screens - no signal 

checking screen cables - no signal 

trying to get into bios - no signal

changing to onboard graphics - no signal 

tested an older graphic Card - no Signal

(my gtx 1070 is working fine in my friends pc btw.)

bios reset by removing battery - no signal

when I start the PC , sometimes it gives soundfeedback - 8 times a long *beep*
which says- When I looked it up right, graphic Card problem, which is just impossible. 

what do you guys mean?

my thought atm is destroyed motherboard.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
the problem with error codes (beeps) is that it can be different depending on the documents found and model of the computer (motherboard)
if as we can see here, the graphics card removed and the screen connected with the right cables directly on the motherboard that the problem is the same indeed, it is probably serious!
you indicate that your graphics card works!
You have done everything you need as a test to rule out graphics card and screen problems, unfortunately and according to another document found, it could actually be the motherboard!

OMEN by HP 880-051ng Desktop PC Product Specifications

Naples back I/O panel

2 DisplayPort
3 HDMI out
so can be :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

Power button LED blinks 8 times with 8 beeps
BIOS or CMOS problem (ROM)
Perform BIOS recovery with external media (USB/CD-ROM).

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply,

am I even able to perform Bios Recovery without vision on Screen? Do you know where im able to download the right bios backup?

kind regards

Blairhexor

HP Recommended

I know there are procedures, but it works most often with laptops:
Although there are documents like this,

Recovering the BIOS (Basic Input Output System)

it is not always easy / possible
The best would be to see with a professional I think!

Sometimes it s enough :

In some cases the automatic BIOS recovery fails because of corrupted Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) data. The CMOS stores BIOS settings. You can reset the CMOS and recover the BIOS.
CMOS reset instructions are specific to the motherboard installed on your computer. Find your computer model number, and then use it to get the reset steps (if available) on the HP Customer Support website. If steps specific to your motherboard are not available, use the generic CMOS reset steps.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi there,

since I have tried to reset BMOS multiples times without success I want to buy a new motherboard, Could you recommend one to me?

kind regards, Blairhexor 

HP Recommended

Sorry, I doubt it
I could maybe help you to find the original model HP ..
But an equivalent model is a bit complicated with this type of pc.
It may be difficult to find a card that can be installed, and where you can reinstall the components (ram, proc etc)
And some connectors may not be the same!
The best would be to go directly to a professional
If you need more help, I invite you to mark this thread, and to open another, because the question is no longer the same!
The thread must remain fast and simple to understand, do not mix everything!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi there,

sorry yea, I want the Original mainboard. I just want to get the pc Running again.

i guess it still fits the topic when the mainboard is fixing the problem. I struggle finding the Original one.

kind regards Blairhexor 

HP Recommended

Yes indeed
I did not find the hp reference, it is not referenced here:

http://pro-psurf-web-glb.austin.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=1QX24EA

You would have to open your pc and see if you don't have a number like this reference for the graphics card:

909249-001

[edit]

So a bit of luck, but you have to check if it is the right one:
It would therefore be:
915478-001

Motherboard - Naples,Intel KBL,H270,WIN  
you must therefore look for an HP partner in your country, I found it in France:

https://fr.eetgroup.com/i/915478-001-hp-inc.-mbd-naples-intel-kbl-h270-win

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Part_Resellers.aspx?mscssid=DDC35885E86B4951BFA2E29F29BA0A25&geo_code=E...

You can try with search Google and part number

https://www.google.com/search915478-001... 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.