Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-190
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone know where I can buy parts for an Omen 880?  I'm looking for the plug in disk drive tray that is used to mount a hard disk drive and then plug it into the front bay of the Omen Desktop.  Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Allen30 , welcome to the Community.

I searched everywhere without any luck; including HP PartSurfer.  The only suggestion that I have is contact BestBuy's Geek Squad to see if they can help you.  I know they do a lot of upgrades and repairs on HP desktops.

Is there a Part # on the other drive mount?  I know that it would be different, but it may help us find the other side.  I found a lot of pictures of them -- just no Part #.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

hi

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c06185560

what exactly are you looking for, the computer is not complete?
I ask, because this type of tower does not need that we add anything for the installation of a hard disk.
in the two compartments, there is what it takes to directly install a 3.5 hard drive.

Hard Drive/Solid-State Drive Replacement InstructionsAnnotation 2020-01-28 204343.png

Annotation 2020-01-28 204343.png

928174-001

Cover - Top, External HDD  

we find this but strangely no right left mention
it should go with this:

Internal HDD Placeholder  

928160-001

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I do know about the internal drives and how to change them.  I'm referring to the plug in drives accessible under the doors of the front panel.  My puter is complete, I just want a couple of extra brackets so I can quickly swap out drives.  There are no part numbers on the drive holders (brackets)  Thanks.

HP Recommended

I'm looking for item 2.  I would like a left and right.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, I understood that it was about external boxes
I did not find anything in the right or left reference ...
So I wonder if it is not reversible, returning the cache to the rack can be

on the other hand, it seems to me that the prices are quite high ..
If it's just to use up a drive quickly, why not try some usb adapters.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Photoray002 

He posted the answer

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Omen-880-Desktop-Hot-Swop-HD...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

yes, @wb2001  I saw that afterwards, but for me it is not very clear
I did not give the link because, it is not known if this was finally purchased and tested ok, or if just the answer which is acceptable to the user at this time
So there is no news, shame

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.