Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My omen 880 that comes with Motherboard "Tampa 2" started to work slowly so I checked the performance tab in CTRL+ALT+Del and it was my hard disk that was being slow, I also want to upgrade my RAM and CPU, any help or advice on Hard Disk & RAM & CPU Upgrades for Omen 880 models with Tampa 2 Motherboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

RAM supported is 288 PIN UDIMM DDR4 up to 2666 Mhz... You can buy higher speed (Mhz) but it will only run at 2666 as that is the highest that the Motherboard Tampa 2 will support so don't waste your money!

Hard Disk supported is m2 type SSD ... most M.2 drives are 22mm wide and 80mm long, this is the ONLY size supported by the Tampa 2 Motherboard. Also, The Tampa 2 Motherboard ONLY supports socket type M SSD's.

CPU supported is any LGA-1151 or FCLGA-1151 or LGA-1151-300 or FCLGA-1151-300 Coffee Lake/Coffee Lake Refresh (they are all the same thing) up to 95 W Power Requirement or go here and look in the "TDP" column : https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873&1_Filter-Socke...

EDIT : 8th & 9th Generation Coffee Lake processors are supported. Also note that the CPU RAM requirement must not be above 2666 Mhz

Happy Upgrading!

Quack!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

RAM supported is 288 PIN UDIMM DDR4 up to 2666 Mhz... You can buy higher speed (Mhz) but it will only run at 2666 as that is the highest that the Motherboard Tampa 2 will support so don't waste your money!

Hard Disk supported is m2 type SSD ... most M.2 drives are 22mm wide and 80mm long, this is the ONLY size supported by the Tampa 2 Motherboard. Also, The Tampa 2 Motherboard ONLY supports socket type M SSD's.

CPU supported is any LGA-1151 or FCLGA-1151 or LGA-1151-300 or FCLGA-1151-300 Coffee Lake/Coffee Lake Refresh (they are all the same thing) up to 95 W Power Requirement or go here and look in the "TDP" column : https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/search/featurefilter.html?productType=873&1_Filter-Socke...

EDIT : 8th & 9th Generation Coffee Lake processors are supported. Also note that the CPU RAM requirement must not be above 2666 Mhz

Happy Upgrading!

Quack!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.