Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0014 (4NM65AA#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Restored Omen Desktop (Product ID: 4NM65AA#ABA) from HP recovery and installed Command Center application from Windows Store.    All MS Windows Updates and MS Store applications are up to date according to their respective screens.

Attempted to communicate from MS Surface client and it connects to Omen Host with no problem   Launched an application from the client (Note: it finds applications with no problem).  Select an application an it launches on the Omen Host system.  The issue is the client does not render the display from the host.  All I get is a diamond that looks like it’s trying to load something.  Keep in mind the application did execute on the Host.    If I use “Launch as Remote Desktop” the client comes back with an error "Remote Play is unable to connect to your OMEN PC. Please make sure your host and client are both running the latest version.”  (Note: Host and Client are both using 10.0.20.0 found in MS Store).  If I go into Remote Play settings on the Client and test streaming performance it comes up as Excellent (94.5 Mbps with ping of 12.5ms zero packets lost).   I uninstalled and reinstalled Command Center on host and client several times.  SDK was installed to boot.

This had worked for nearly a year.   Very frustrating that I started to get Windows corruption errors and ended up rebuilding system using HP recovery just two days after warranty expired (I kept data files).   I am happy that effort seemed to work well except for this one issue with Command Center.   I get a similar problem with my iPhone which leads me to believe the issue is with the HP Omen.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.