Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15 ce025no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem since I completely cleaned my pc, it seems like it deleted the run prompt for the button or something. Ive tried reinstalling the OCC many times and updating it, ive read many threads here on the hp support community but none of them seem to have helped me. Please, any help?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@TypeGG

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I understand you have omen control center issues with your PC.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did you make any software or hardware changes your PC?

As you mentioned the Omen command center button not working on your PC.

You can uninstall the HP omen control center from control panel, programs.

You can try updating the HP command centerLink to update the omen command center.

Refer to this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant.

Also, update the HP system event utility and check if it helps.

Link to update the HP system event utility.

If the issue still persists try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update the BIOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It didnt help, i think its because i downloaded it manually after the pc clean up from the store, and ive heard that the command center from the app isnt compatible with all pc. Is there any way you can send me the program to my model?

HP Recommended

Hello

shot in the dark here but the chip is on the motherboard.

by any chance after the new install did you install the motherboard drivers? 

I would think that the area of the motherboard drivers on the web site would have the driver to allow the command center software to work with the onboard controller.

The hp site is definitely the most comprehensive I’ve ever seen. Lots of books and crannies and tons of available software. 

HP Recommended

So exactly where do i find the new drivers?

HP Recommended

On a different machine

Hp.com

Don’t go straight to support page.

search for your machine in gaming systems 

then in there look for support and enter you’re systems information model number.

(I don’t know why but when you go straight to support, and enter your computers information, it’ll list the most current “assumed” drivers, bios, software etc, which may not actually function on your system. This has caused many problems with many machines and users.)

after you get there double check you entered your computers model number correctly. DO NOT download anything other than what this section describes as the available software. 

Hopeffully you you don’t have a custom build because if you do the model number on the machine which has a Cxx after the numbers is pointless because again it will refer you to a different “may not work” software.

downlad what you need to a thumb and transfer to the intended machine. (Unless of course your intended machine boots and accessed the internet)

intall one at a time and reboot after each.

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.