wheelgrl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen Command Centre OUCH

HP OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, to check my computer gpu temp, I always open the Omen Command Centre. I haven't done any overclocking on it, yet lately whenever I open the app, it's been saying "Ouch! Looks like you went too far. Don't worry, your overclocking settings have been reset." 

But that's the thing. I'm doing everything the same as I was before this message started popping up, and I haven't even done any overclocking on it. It's all up to date, but I don't know what's going on.

Is this bad? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,461
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen Command Centre OUCH

@wheelgrl

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you have an HP Omen computer. I read that the Omen Command Center displays a message stating "Ouch! Looks like you went too far. Don't worry, your overclocking settings have been reset." I read that overclocking was not attempted on the computer. I'll be glad to assist you.

What is the exact computer model no? This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l 

Meanwhile, during my research, I came across this HP document: https://hp.care/2A2qhF1

Overclocking can cause the system to become unstable. If this happens, OMEN Command Center resets the system to the last stable settings and restart the computer.

The error message Ouch, looks like you went too far! Don't worry, we have you covered. Your overclocking settings have been reset. displays in OMEN Command Center.

NOTE: The error message only displays the first three times that the system becomes unstable and restarts. The safety feature continues to function without displaying the error after that.

Figure : System instability recovery

System instability recovery

If the issue persists then try updating the Omen Command Center:

• The update screen lists recommended updates. These updates deliver new features and help HP continuously improve.

Click the update button to view available updates to OMEN Command Center.

Figure : Update button

Update button

Link to update the omen command center.

Also, update the HP system event utility and check if it helps.

Link to update the HP system event utility.

Finally, if the issue still persists then try uninstalling the Omen Command Center and then reinstall it. 

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted. I'll be glad to assist you.

All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation