Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN X by HP 900-114na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

So I have an OMEN X by HP 900-114na which is a pretty much top end Omen X.

I have installed Comand Centre and although it will let me configure lighting and show temps,  I see no option for overclocking or network.

Really not sure why as everything I can see online suggests I should be able to.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Thank you for the additional information, @doodleb3gs.

I hear what you are saying.

If you want to overclock your processor you can use Intel's Xtreme Tuning Utility.  It is basically a full version of the OC'ing app provided by HP.  If you haven't done a lot of OC'ing, you should take it slowly.  Too much, too fast, and you can damage the processor.  There are good guides online for the Utility.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@doodleb3gs, welcome to the forum.

From what I am being told by the appropriate people within HP, the Overclocking option is only available with the i7-8xxxK (8th generation) processors.  I have had 3 Omen desktops and have not had the option in any of them.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hey there, thanks for that reply! Pretty weird that considering its a £3600 machine but there you go 😛 No big deal really just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some other program that needed to be installed alongside 🙂

thanks!

HP Recommended

You are welcome.  Thank you for the additional information, @doodleb3gs.

I hear what you are saying.

If you want to overclock your processor you can use Intel's Xtreme Tuning Utility.  It is basically a full version of the OC'ing app provided by HP.  If you haven't done a lot of OC'ing, you should take it slowly.  Too much, too fast, and you can damage the processor.  There are good guides online for the Utility.

HP Recommended

Hey there, thanks for mentioning the Intel OC, I did see this being used in an HP video on youtube alond with some other tutorials, so I will give that a go (when my machine comes back from HP for the second time in a row for various repairs and quality control issues lol).

Thanks for everything 🙂

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @doodleb3gs

Good luck!

HP Recommended
Are you actually telling this guy to use Intel overclocking software on AMD CPU
HP Recommended

@qanon1111, NO!!  Did you actually look at the specs for the Omen X in question?  It has an Intel processor.

HP Recommended

Oh NOOOOO

My HP Omen

880-015rz has the Ryzen 8 core Amd with Nvidia 1050 GTX

So you need to check your support packs

The option is availble to over clock I had to do a total reinstall and add the rar flag to system.sav

I had to use the original omen command center on my support page to get it to work regardless I have the Ryzen Command center for my Ryzen which gives options for memory as well. 

HP Recommended
Higos motherboard top view
Motherboard description
  • HP name: Higos
  • SSID: 8309
Form Factor
  • uATX
  • Dimensions: 24.0x24.0 cm (9.4x9.4 in)
Chipset
  • PROM2
Processor upgrade information
  • TDP: up to 95 W
  • Socket type: AM4
  • Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
    Processor
    TDP
    AMD Ryzen7-1800X (Summit Ridge) 3.6 GHz, 8 cores/16 threads
    95 W
    AMD Ryzen7-1700 (Summit Ridge) 3.0 GHz, 8 cores/16 threads
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen5-1600 (Summit Ridge) 3.2 GHz, 6 cores/12 threads
    65 W
    AMD Ryzen5-1400 (Summit Ridge) 3.2 GHz, 4 cores/8 threads
    65 W

I used to work for HP and know what Iam talking about.

I did tech support for the Hp Pavilion and Officejet Printers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.