Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 880-153NA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

Bit of an awkward one. Just bought this PC today and figured the first thing I would do is over clock it. Booted up Omen command centre, ran the benchmark, ran the intelligence, slid a slider too far in custom and then the computer hard crashes.

Boots back up after a system restore and now I can't open Omen Command Centre without meeting the hard crash. Is there a way to reset it to get back in to retry it.

I'm on my computer now so I know it's all OK but when OCC tries to open the PC tries to overclock at the same settings resulting in the hard crash.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@chapmanmonkey 

Please clarify what you mean "it boots back up after a system restore"?

Are you saying you reverted the PC back to a Windows Restore Point, a simple restart the computer or you restored the PC by reinstalling Windows with a system refresh?

HP Recommended

Hi there,

After first freeze, when you first boot it back up again it creates a Bad_System_Config_Info blue screen and refuses to boot to Windows. From there I used a Windows Restore Point to before the 'overclocking' happened but it still creates the freeze when opening up Omen.

Many Thanks.

HP Recommended

OK so the OCC is possibly retaining the settings after the restore point. Can you go back and find one point earlier than the one you used? It should not have kept the settings (very strange).

If that does not work, can you uninstall the OCC?

Then reboot and reinstall it from the MS Store?

Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store

Its a software change there shouldnt be any adverse affects of uninstalling it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.