Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings. I've had an Omen since last June or so but only recently realized I can change the color of the lighting (the default is red?) to something less angry. When Googling how to do it, it says to open Omen Control and create a profile name. When I open Omen Control I see no option for profiles, only a Lighting Mode drop down menu with options for Single Color, Color Show, etc. -- any alterations I make to any of the settings there in no way affect the lights. When digging through forum threads I've seen other people with similar problems and the main fix seems to be to reinstall Omen Control and the HP System Event Utility both of which I've done a few times over with no different results. Any other ideas? I'm tired of red. Thank you for any help, I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@timfinitejest 

My first thought is either the latest version of the Gaming Hub is not working with your model correctly, or you have a faulty lighting control module. I would make sure the cables are all connected properly, re-seat them.

Otherwise you can wait to see if the next update works and if not, contact HP Support for a warranty claim.

Since you say you've owned it since June last year, I assume you are still under warranty.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact/desktops

HP Recommended

Thank you. I will give it a look when I get a chance. I have opened the case to upgrade RAM/SSD; I was very careful but there’s a chance I nudged something or perhaps it wasn’t working in the first place. I really haven’t looked into the warranty (perhaps foolishly) at all so not sure if anything I’ve done has voided it but I will look into that as well. Thanks!, again.

HP Recommended

You are probably OK. 

HP allows you to change hard drives and ram, its just that those new pieces wont be covered under HP.

If you did break anything in the process, then the warranty could become void.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Good Luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.