Bluwolfboy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen Control not wokring

OMEN by HP Desktop PC 870-2XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Omen control will not work suddenly today. I cant use the recovery because it states that due to the windows update i cannot recover the application. Please i need help. These lights mean everything to me. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,122 3,234
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen Control not wokring

Hello @Bluwolfboy

Could you explain a little more of what you mean about "cant use the recovery because it states that due to the windows update i cannot recover the application"?

Were you trying to do a recovery back to factory settings and are getting this message?

Or were you trying to use the recovery partition to reinstall the control center specifically?

If you were trying to use HP recovery to install just the control center, but it was not available, I need to know so I can report it.

Also, did this happen after Windows updated? Were you already using the Windows 1803 upgrade or did it just now install?

There is no download for the CC in your models drivers page on the HP Website, but there is a download available for an earlier 870 model. It might or might not work. All you can do is try it and let me know what happens...

Omen Control

You could also try reverting your system back to a restore point to see if it works again.

I would only restore to just prior to the update install that broke the CC.

System Restore Points (Windows 10, 😎 | HP® Customer Support

BTW: if you haven't made your USB recovery media yet, you need to do so! You will need a 16 GB usb flash drive.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation