Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
875-1987nz
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I got my brand new Omen Obelisk yesterday and did all the Updates it asked for, also a Firmware update. After restart the computer won't boot and I get first 5 short peeps, then it restarts. After that I get 2 long beeps and 2 short beeps. I tried everything I could find on the net.

1. ESC, F2, F10, F11 at start won't work

2. Hard reset with unplugging the computer and holding power for 5 sec won't work

3. Removing the CMOS Battery and put it back won't work

I got the recovery on an USB drive but how can I install that / overwrite the bios?

Please help me... I'm desperate and didn't sleep the whole night.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ovecarleone , welcome to the forum.

I am sorry that you are having problems with your new computer.  Here is a guide that may help you recover the BIOS using key strokes:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-1000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/25644598/model/31...

Try this to see if it helps.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hello Old_geekster

I tried that keystroke too and it doesn't work. I tried now really everything in 18 hours I could find. Since the beep code has to do with the mainboard I believe the mainboard has a problem. While I was updating it asked me to do a safe copy on my usb stick, which I did. Then it asked me if I want to update my mainboard. I tiped "update" after a few seconds the update was installed but it got stuck at restart. CMOS JUMPER and CMOS Battery reset didn't work. (Luckely something easy to do)

I'll just give it back to the company that sold it to me. It can't be to that I get such an error from the HP Assistant Update because of a broken update. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Ovecarleone!

The seller should definitely work with you to solve your problem.  They will be able to return it to HP.  There is nothing more irritating than a computer that isn't working properly; especially, when it is new.  This was the reason that I have been helping here for 18+ years.  I had a problem with a new HP computer and got the problem solved here on the Forums.

Good luck!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.