Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey yall I have a question is there any safe way of increasing my ram speed, I tried to change my XMP profile but there is no option in my bios of the default obelisk motherboard. I used to have 2666mhz 16gb single-channel and now I have dual channel 32gb 3200mhz but it only runs at 2133mhz, I've seen some videos on youtube with changing it through Intel's XTU software but I'm not sure if it's safe, but it's done on the new omen 30L hopefully someone can help me with this issue. Thanks! 

Also here's the video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCqcByG-Nnw

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Im-Potato , welcome back to the Community.

I am not certain that XTU will work with your memory, but you can give it a try.  However, use it with CAUTION!!  It is not a toy and can cause great harm to your motherboard and other components.  It fried one of my HP motherboards and we were never able to find the cause since I was not using any extreme settings.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Ok thanks man, I'm afraid of damaging any components so I probably won't be doing this. But there was a new update for the Omen 30l bios that unlocked the xmp profiles is there maybe something similar to that for the Omen obelisk 875? I would assume motherboards aren't the same but are very similar. Or maybe hp could roll one out I hope.

HP Recommended

Hello

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-pc-875-0000a/23302709/product-info
check if your model is in this listing, and motherboard (oc?)
But I guess you are referring to this

Solved: Re: Overclocking RAM in the BIOS - HP Support Community - 8166347

so a priori it is only for the OC version of a recent model
If your motherboard, is not OC, and given the age of the computer , I think you can go your way, follow the recommendation of @old_geekster 

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hey Prométhée thanks for the response, My Obelisk is this one to be specific https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-pc-875-0000a/23302709/model/23574497... Its one of the older models I bought it like 2 years ago. I just updated my bios but I still have the old bios and not the new one like omen setup utility as seen in the topic you linked. Maybe I installed the wrong update hopefully you can help with this info, Thanks again Also by what I see in my PC the motherboard shown in the link I sent here isn't the same as mine there's a slight difference it has OMEN and its logo on it.
This is my Product number: 4NM65AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Sorry i don't understand everything you say
you can install the bios update, but it will not change the situation, you do not have the same model, it is not an OC version, little chance of having the same options therefore, that another model

• HP name: Edoras
  • SSID: 84FD

You can check, there should be no error, the SSID of your motherboard is this one?

Which version of the bios exactly do you have, the last one should be this one

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 84FD)

F.29 Rev.A10.9 MBAug 23, 2021

- Provides improved system stability.

if that doesn't work, no need to insist anyway

In this series you have this as a possible motherboard!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.