Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi There!

I recently purchased an Omen Obelisk Desktop (875-0014) and was curious to know if it was possible to install liquid cooling without removing the motherboard. From the research i've done it appears there is no cutout behind the CPU to install a new bracket. It is advertised as an easily upgradable computer with enough room for liquid cooling so I assumed it should be easy right? 

I've listed my specs below. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Model: 875-0014

Desktop - Intel Core i7

16GB Memory

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

1TB Hard Drive

256GB SSD 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @loumagoo

You should be able to add them without removing  the motherboard.

The cutouts are mounted at the top of the case.

WATERCOOL.JPG

You can mount one to your CPU and another to your GPU.

WATERCOOL#2.jpg

He used a 120mm Corsair fan:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/c/Cor_Products_Cooling

REO

HP Recommended

Hmm is this a liquid cooling system? or just a normal fan? Sorry I am new to modification.

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @Shawnlzc

The upper center fan is liquid cooling for the GPU card:

REO

HP Recommended

You'll have to remove the motherboard to access the mounting bracket.  The OEM one has to come out and is stuck down with some pretty heavy duty adhesive, I used a plastic spudger and slowly worked it loose, then you will be able to insert the AIO cooling bracket.  I used the Cooler Master LC120E RGB and it makes a really big difference in CPU temps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.