Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just bought this computer and at the time of posting this it hasn't been even 10 hours of it being out of the box. But I went through and installed everything and updated all my drivers, but when I'm playing a game or just browsing watching youtube my entire computer locks up on me and hard freezes to the point where I need to hard reset it. Now I've gone through all the updates on the computer and all the updates through Hp's programs and even downloaded the hardware troubleshooter testing program and everything passed. I'm not sure what is going on but this happens anywhere from right away after boot up or 40 mins - an hour of using the computer. Please if you have any help it would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @NunKicker 

When posting in the forum, it helps us if you also post the Product Number of your computer.

You can find it in the HP Support Assistant.

I believe your system should have come with the UEFI Diagnostics already on the drive. It sometimes works better than the Windows install version. To access it, spam the F2 key are startup. If it comes up, then go to Extensive Tests and run it from there.

Can you open the Omen Command Center? If so, monitor the Temperatures while in use. It might possibly be overheating. If so, it might possibly need to be re-pasted. It could be a driver issue also.

Ultimately, you could spend hours trying to troubleshoot this. Before you get too invested with installing more stuff, you might have to simply reinstall Windows. If a fresh install doesn't solve it, you might have to return it for an exchange from the store you bought it from. That is faster than going through Support. But if returning is not an option, you can still contact HP Support for warranty service.

HP Recommended

So I have the command center and I had that up as well as my task manager up side to side but when my computer freezes it locks the screen and everything so I dont see the temp jump. That being said while in a game it sits at like 63 degrees farenheit. On my task manager my CPU usage sits at about 45-60% while in game. And on my omen command center my CPU usage flashes at 100% and then back down a couple of times. I am returning it today to just hopefully get a working one. I will keep you posted if that one has problems. It will be most likely around 5 or 6 PST so California time I think lol. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.