Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Whenever I first bought my Obelisk both the logo and the lights on the inside would change colors to whatever I prompted them to with the Omen Center. However one day the internal lights randomly just stopped changing and now only stay red while the logo will still change colors. This isnt a computer-breaking issue however it is still annoying to see as it's been going on for quite some time now.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I usually uninstall the lighting software (Omen Command Center). Then reinstall this software or look for a software update from the OEM (HP in this instance).

Here is a (Link) to the latest version of Omen Command Center.

Regards

HP Recommended

And also don't forget after reinstalling the OCC, go to Windows Updates and click the Check for Updates button. Even if it shows its up to date. Do this a couple of times until there are no more updates. Sometimes Windows might be missing a needed HID file update that makes the OCC run correctly.

HP Recommended

hey where do i check for a update? im having the same problem they are and i dont see where an update could be in the link.

HP Recommended

We are talking about Windows Updates for the operating system.

Go to All Settings> Updates and Security> Check for Updates.

Click the update button, even if it shows its up to date.

Do it a couple of times and reboot after it installs any.

check for updates.JPG

HP Recommended

hey i did this multiple times. everything is updated to where there is no longer an update. still no longer have the option

HP Recommended

Hi Bikuisi,

Well, that is not good.

I don't know. You have to make a decision at this point.

Can you live with this or not.

Reinstall the HP factory image (USB/cloud recovery) or carry on.

I have no other suggestions.

Regards

HP Recommended

Me neither. Sounds like it might be a faulty controller issue or something along that line. About all I can recommend is a warranty issue, if you're still under warranty.

HP Recommended

Your problem has very distinct reminiscence of a similar one, experienced by Omen 870-xxx workstations' owners: introduced incompatibility between HP driver and controlling software.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/Omen-Desktop-Lighting-Control-Not-Working/m-p/6853156#...

And unless it's a genuine hardware problem (I doubt) I am sincerely willing to bet that the root cause is the same / similar in your case. In my eyes - having a quick glance at all drivers for your PC:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/23302...

This one - and its release date - looks rather suspicious to me:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-se...

Any chance to roll back to one of the previous versions and see if it helps? Remember about PC restart after each try.

Failing that, all I can suggest is to use HP Recovery option and re-install factory version of this software. And see if it helps. And - assuming it indeed resolves your problem - see which HP update exactly breaks it again. And just avoid it.

HP Recommended

how do i roll back to a previous version?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.