Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

For some reason there are no Obelisk desktops available today. I was about to order but the website removed the units I saw yesterday.

Anyone know what’s up?

thanks

Steve

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Lots of Omen laptops still,..

They have that new line of 25L and 30L and the 30L can be upgraded to a 2080ti so I'm guessing that may have something to do with it.

There is still one Omen Obelisk, the 1055 I think but it doesn't look customizable.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Spoiler
Looks to me like Obelisk desktops are being discontinued if you can’t even order them anymore.
HP Recommended

I wonder if they are dropping the Obelisk line. I would assume they would still let you order it if they planned to continue it.

The 30L seems to be more expensive for a similar configuration I was considering on the Obelisk 1040.

oh well.

Steve

HP Recommended

Just read a PC Mag article that confirms the 25L and 30L are the newest in the Omen line so yep, you were spot on it seems.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@saz25 

Yes, the new L series replaces the older Obelisk lineup. The L series is the Obelisk with a new front face panel and utilizes CoolerMaster power supplies and heatsinks, as apposed to the unbranded Asetek components.

They have a starting price of $799 and up, like the previous series did when they came out.

Will the older Obelisks be phased out? Of course, out with the old and in with the new.

Other sites like Amazon, eBay and such will still have the older pre-configured models available until their stock runs out.

HP Recommended

The options in the HP store itself will change randomly as per availability with no warning of the change. This is how its always been.

HP Recommended

Hi

Sadly it seems that the new L line seems to be more expensive than an equivalently configured Obelisk 875-1040, which I was about to order.

Oh well.

Steve

HP Recommended

Now I am wondering whether or not Obelisk is really discontinued. There was always an Omen 25L and 30L. The new models now have the 10th Gen Intel CPU where the older models had the 9th Gen Intel CPU.

The Omen 25L/30L don't seem to be replacements for Obelisk. Maybe there will be a new Obelisk with 10th Gen Intel CPU.

Obelisk still appears on the omen.com site.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.