Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen Desktop Pc 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey their I don’t know much about pc hence the reason why I got a Pre Built pc I’m trying to Upgrade the Ram Card in my computer and I check the spec List (Link down below) I read it multiple times and still don’t understand which ram card I can use if you can help please link me the ram cards I can use if you can link me them from amazon they can be single cards or two cards because if I have to I will buy too cards just link me the actual ram cards I can use please and thank you

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15741160/document/c05389962

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

The reason the description is so vague is because its possible the ram installed from factory could be several different kinds.

In order to add a single stick to the existing, you would have to use a tool like CPUz and read the timings of that stick.

Then match the old with the new exactly. Otherwise it might have problems.

Or you can just purchase all new ram if you wish and bypass any compatibly issues. It uses DDR4-2133Mhz up to 32GB total, but you can simply install a matched pair of DDR4-2400 which will be the same price basically.

Crucial is what most of us recommend only because they have had such a good track record of warranty if it didn't work.

This is what they recommend.... https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/omen-870-224#MEMORYFilters

You can always find the model ram you want there, then look for it on Amazon... 😉

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Alex,

The reason the description is so vague is because its possible the ram installed from factory could be several different kinds.

In order to add a single stick to the existing, you would have to use a tool like CPUz and read the timings of that stick.

Then match the old with the new exactly. Otherwise it might have problems.

Or you can just purchase all new ram if you wish and bypass any compatibly issues. It uses DDR4-2133Mhz up to 32GB total, but you can simply install a matched pair of DDR4-2400 which will be the same price basically.

Crucial is what most of us recommend only because they have had such a good track record of warranty if it didn't work.

This is what they recommend.... https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/omen-870-224#MEMORYFilters

You can always find the model ram you want there, then look for it on Amazon... 😉

HP Recommended

I know it Might be a lot to ask but can you help me find some on Amazon the ones that are compatible with my pc it doesn’t matter if it’s 2 8GB ram cards I just want to know the ones that could work on my Pc

HP Recommended

How much are you wanting to upgrade to? 16GB?

What is the goal you need to achieve? for gaming or something else?

HP Recommended

The spec says I can only go to 16GB of ram but if I can go higher that would be cool but mainly trying to get to that sweet spot 16GB

HP Recommended

Ya well, the specs reflect what HP has installed on that series, but the chipset can take a higher amount.

Ive given you some alternatives.

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.