Level 1
13 12 0 2
Message 1 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen X 900 owners please read, need help with case lights

Omen X 900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased my HP Omen X from Amazon and not HP because I wanted an i-8700K and HP does not offer that.  Unfortunately my PC did not come with any software to control the case lights, fortunately I found the Omen Control program in the HP support page.

This is the software I use to control the case lights, Omen Control v1.0

http://i67.tinypic.com/2qm169w.png

As you can see I have access to the Static Colors, Color Show, and Audio Show, but the tab for Systen Monitor is missing.  I would REALLY like to get System Monitor working.

My question is this, is this the software you use?  If yes do you have the System Monitor tab?  What version are you running?

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
Level 15
Level 15
21,823 21,449 2,473 8,228
Message 2 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rinaldop, welcome to the forum.

Here is the official page for Omen Command Center.  You can download the latest version.  Since you have the i7-8700K, you should be able to overclock the processor using OCC.

If the version in the link above doesn't have what you want, you can try this version here.  It is the one that came with my Omen 880.  It has Home, Network Booster and Overclocking.  There is no control for the lights, however.  Truthfully, I would rather have the OC'ing option than the lighting.  I have had the option on past Omen computers.  I am able to OC my processor to 5.0 GHz at 1.25v.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

-----------------------------------------
Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory; MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

13 12 0 2
Message 3 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try the software.  Really I would like to do BOTH, control the lights AND do OC.  I can always use my motherboard software from MSI to OC.

0 Kudos
Darko71
Level 4
101 89 1 16
Message 4 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you wont have I have a stock hp Desktop X900-000nx and all lthe comand center offers for my OMEN is led control  and it shows system monitoring ,CPU ,TEMP , MEM usage , totally usles apsolutly NO OC ability .
 X900 series are designed to be OC with intel XTU (forget the motherboard Munich-s its usles and nothing there) , I guess it is a very , very, VEEERY dificult thing to embed XTU in Omen Command center so you dont have to run 2 separate programs , but hp developers are well known for lack of imagination and most of the time logic .

Welcome to the Omen world ! 

0 Kudos
Darko71
Level 4
101 89 1 16
Message 5 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

" I can always use my motherboard software from MSI to OC." ????? this is somthing I dont understand , you have a Desktop X 900 with msi motherboard ????
do I understand this corectly ?  if so wich one it is , and how did you conect the fron RGB LED pannel to the motherboard ? 

0 Kudos
rinaldop
Level 1
13 12 0 2
Message 6 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Darko71 wrote:

you wont have I have a stock hp Desktop X900-000nx and all lthe comand center offers for my OMEN is led control  and it shows system monitoring ,CPU ,TEMP , MEM usage , totally usles apsolutly NO OC ability .
 X900 series are designed to be OC with intel XTU (forget the motherboard Munich-s its usles and nothing there) , I guess it is a very , very, VEEERY dificult thing to embed XTU in Omen Command center so you dont have to run 2 separate programs , but hp developers are well known for lack of imagination and most of the time logic .

Welcome to the Omen world ! 

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town.  I am confused, are you able to control the case lights or not?

Thanks

0 Kudos
rinaldop
Level 1
13 12 0 2
Message 7 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Darko71 wrote:

" I can always use my motherboard software from MSI to OC." ????? this is somthing I dont understand , you have a Desktop X 900 with msi motherboard ????
do I understand this corectly ?  if so wich one it is , and how did you conect the fron RGB LED pannel to the motherboard ? 

I do not have a standard Omen X 900, I did not buy it from HP, I bought it from Amazon,  This is what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07932BYZR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

According to the Windows command wmic I have the MSI Z370M GAMING PRO AC

It came without any HP software, so I installed Omen Control from here, under Utility Tools

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-x-by-hp-900-000-desktop-pc-series/12079701

I did not connect the front RGB LED panel, the PC was built already.

0 Kudos
Darko71
Level 4
101 89 1 16
Message 8 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes! I can control the lights using hp Command Center that’s not the problem my  OMEN is equipped with that stinking poor crap motherboard called Munich-S some hp crap allegedly produced by even more crappie company called  Foxconn .
I want that **bleep** out of the case but would like to keep the RGB LED panel operational, so I might look into the same motherboard you have.
Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Darko71
Level 4
101 89 1 16
Message 9 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I’m using the new Command Center  , your picture shows the old one that didn’t have monitoring of any kind , try this :
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84071.exe 

However, you might not  be able to use monitoring feature on that msi . I believe it responds only to the hp crap motherboards , in other hand if you can control the front panel over msi motherboard using the command center that’s even worse for me as then the front RGB panel is a DEVICE connected internally over USB port and you or me will not be able to use the msi magic light feature . 

In other hand it might be good as at least the front panel will have this few functions like static, or maybe circle, but I believe monitoring and Audio pulse will not work with msi motherboard . 

The best way would be to have the front RGB panel connected directly to the msi mobo RGB Port so one could use the msi magic light software and function.

0 Kudos
rinaldop
Level 1
13 12 0 2
Message 10 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Darko71 wrote:

I’m using the new Command Center  , your picture shows the old one that didn’t have monitoring of any kind , try this :
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84071.exe 

I know it has been a LONG time since I responded but I finally got the energy to try this again.  It looks like other versions of Omen Control CAN do System Monitoring like is shown in this guide.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05238081
I downloaded sp84071.exe and when I double-click the file it runs in the background and does noting.  I tried extracting the files and I saw OMENCommandCenter.msi.  Double-clicking on that file gives me this error

This system is not supported

@Darko71 wrote:

However, you might not  be able to use monitoring feature on that msi . I believe it responds only to the hp crap motherboards , in other hand if you can control the front panel over msi motherboard using the command center that’s even worse for me as then the front RGB panel is a DEVICE connected internally over USB port and you or me will not be able to use the msi magic light feature . 

In other hand it might be good as at least the front panel will have this few functions like static, or maybe circle, but I believe monitoring and Audio pulse will not work with msi motherboard . 

The best way would be to have the front RGB panel connected directly to the msi mobo RGB Port so one could use the msi magic light software and function.

What I am using is sp76866.exe which is OMEN control version 1.00 dated 7/26/2016    I CAN use all the other modes with my MSI motherboard, static colors, color show, and audio show all work.   Do you know of another version that also contains the System Monitor option?
Thanks!

I have not tried to use the MSI software yet to control the lights.  I will try that today!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation