Did you mean: 
curtyahn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen-X Fan issue

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i got a HP Omen-X model 900-043nd with an additional 16 G RAM (totals 32 G) 
nearly 2 years worked great, completely quiet.

Been running Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.10 and 18.04 in dual boot.

just recently the fans starting blasting. basically constantly. I wondered whether the switch for temp is inaccurate so i tested placing a regular livingroom fan close to the hw with the cap off. that seems to stop the fans most of the time. so temperature is monitored just fine. Im not sure whether 70 - 80 celsius is acceptable for the processor cores.

I noticed this issue being mentioned a lot but i havent found a solution here, or elsewhere. Just the mentioning that it was solved.

The noise bugs me a lot, specially since i used the hardware for my job as well, a substancial part of the time.

I m hoping for a solution.

Thanks

HP Omen-X model 900-043nd with an additional 16 G RAM (totals 32 G) 
Product no. Y6W55EA#ABH

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
5,761 5,749 543 1,202
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen-X Fan issue

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

70 degrees C to 80 degrees C CPU temps are kind of high when you are not gaming or doing other CPU intensive tasks.

It may be time to remove the AIO liquid cooled pump or the heatsink/fan from the motherboard CPU socket.

Clean the residual TIM on the processor heat spreader and the pump or heatsink. Then reapply thermal paste to the CPU.

How are GPU temps doing? A lot of heat is generated in a very tight area where the CPU, GPU, and VRMs are located.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation