Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen X by HP 900
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

So I'm strugling trying to control the outer LED lights in the OMEN X case I recently bought  and it came with an ASUS Z590M motherboard already aboard, which has AURA enabled LED control.

Besides the AURA capabilities and the fact it also has RGB header controls besides AURA headers, I'm still unable to find how theheck can I control the outer red glowing lights with (non working) HP Omen Control (outdated?) software. Both the Aura headers and LED headers are empty/unplugged, btw.

So as a sumup here's what I've tried/found out so far:

1) HP Omen Control app seems way outdated but I've tried installed it anyway on Windows 10. Upon start, it complains with "SynCom.DLL is missing" error. I've tried this solution but it still won't work. I've tried running it as administrator and it won't help either.

2) Instead, downloading HP Omen Gaming Hub app and it works fine, but then the App does NOT recognize the system as an Omen X computer (meh!) and hence I can't control the lightning with it.

3) I'm still not sure the cabling is properly done :??? Someone pointed out here that LED lights on the Omen use USB headers to light up but I unplugged any and all USB headers I found on the motherboard and the lights are still ON :???? (and they fade IN when I turn on the computer, so what the....?) so question remains: WHERE IS OMEN X GETTING THE POWER FROM TO LIGHT UP LEDS ON THE FRONT PANEL?! It must be a wire I've still haven't seen!

@Pserro @Leroythomas are you still around? lol

Anyone!?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, apparently, ALL HP software related to OMEN X LED lightning control is messed up *EXCEPT* this one:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76866.exe

which is the ONLY version still working and the one which actually allows me to control LED lights on the case using an ASUS board....

Still missing the "System Monitor" feature on this particular Omen Control version, unfortunately, but oh well...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Update 1:

OK seems all magic happens on this board that controls both the front side panel and connects and powers the LED array of the front area of the box.

Now I need to 1) find out where is this board getting power from and 2) why there's no software being able to detect/control it if it's using a USB header.... 😕

HP Recommended

Well, apparently, ALL HP software related to OMEN X LED lightning control is messed up *EXCEPT* this one:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76866.exe

which is the ONLY version still working and the one which actually allows me to control LED lights on the case using an ASUS board....

Still missing the "System Monitor" feature on this particular Omen Control version, unfortunately, but oh well...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.