KO0-_
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Omen X desktop fans

HP Recommended
OMEN X
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there any way to stop the noise pollution made by the fans in the Omen X PC?

4 REPLIES 4
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,257 23,907 2,781 9,983
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KO0-_, welcome to the forum.

There must be something going on with the computer for the noise to be so loud.  I have had an Omen X for a year and can put my ear next to the case and not hear the fan/s.  I suggest that you contact HP Customer Support for help if the computer is still under warranty.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Signature:

HP TouchPad - 1.2 GHz; 1 GB memory; 32 GB storage; WebOS/CyanogenMod 11(Kit Kat)

Custom build: Corsair 750D Airflow (Full Tower); MSI MEG Z390 ACE; i9-9900K processor (OC'd 5.025); Corsair H150i cooler; Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 memory ( 32 GB ); MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio video card; MSI GH70 Immerse LED Headset; 3- Corsair QL140 RGB Fans w/Commander Pro and Lighting Node Core; Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB; Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB

HP Spectre 360 Convertible; i7-7560U; 16 GB memory; Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics 640; 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD; 13.3" diagonal 4K UHD UWVA eDP BrightView WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (3840 x 2160); Windows 10 Pro 64 with Windows Ink

HP Photosmart 7855 AIO

**Click the Thumbs Up+ to say 'Thanks' and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
KO0-_
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I really believed it was the liquid cooling system that has consummated off, and the fans started working.But the sound is more of a loud but peaceful though, doesn't seem like there's any breakage in the fans.Ill check with a technician about it anyways. 

Much Thanks,

Mohamed

0 Kudos
KO0-_
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I really believed it was the liquid cooling system that has consummated off, and the fans started working.But the sound is more of a loud but peaceful though, doesn't seem like there's any breakage in the fans.Ill check with a technician about it anyways. 

Much Thanks,

Mohamed

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
doodleb3gs
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an OMEN X by HP 900-114na, I noticed that a few fans are buzzing a bit - the watercool fan is a bit buzzy and the rear hdd fan when it comes on via pwn makes a bit of noise too.

I swapped stock fans for corsair ml pro fans and the noise, it went. No more noise 🙂

Its not a fan issue as such, the even swapped the whole watercool part, block, rad and fan aio for new one and has same noise so its not a fault, just how the fans are. Some fans dont do well at low rpm, especially stock OEM ones.

Can swear by the ML pro though by corsair.

Chris.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation