Derbel
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen boots to Omen logo, then stops

HP Omen 880-110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Just got my new HP Omen 880-110. On startup, it boots to the Omen logo then stops. Pressing any key will take me to a screen listing the CPU and RAM specs, as well as the BIOS revision date. At the bottom of the screen there’s a message saying “Press the ESC key for Startup Menu.” Doing so does nothing except add the words “Startup Menu” to the bottom-right corner of the screen. I’ve tried troubleshooting it through HP’s virtual assistant to no avail. Any ideas as to how to fix this?
5 REPLIES 5
Level 12
Level 12
5,710 5,698 541 1,196
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Derbel,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Is this a brand new PC? Only connect factory supplied peripherals (keyboard and mouse) and a monitor when starting the PC for the first time.

I would remove the side panel. Then check all connections to the motherboard and installed components and the PSU.

Boot the PC, then try tapping "ESC"  immediately at boot to see if you can get to the Startup Menu.

Now try to run HP UEFI Diagnostics. 

You can just contact HP Support or take the system back to the retailer if you don't want to check internal connections or the PC will not boot to the Startup Menu.

Regards

0 Kudos
Derbel
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, it’s a brand new PC. I’ve only used the USB keyboard and mouse that came with the computer. I can’t access the startup menu at all as pressing escape like you described still brings me back to the screen described in the original post. I checked all the connections, nothing seemed loose or out of place, and the PC still will not boot.
0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,710 5,698 541 1,196
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Derbel,

This does not sound very promising. You may have a hardware problem. It happens.

Only try the following with the PC disconnected from AC power. Then depress the power switch to drain residual power from the motherboard (MB) before removing the MB CR2032 battery:

>Remove the MB battery.

>Wait about ten minutes.

>Reinstall the battery.

Start the system and see what happens.

Look, I would take the PC back to the seller if this was happening to me.

Regards

0 Kudos
Derbel
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Still no luck. I have some IT experience so I thought I’d at least try to fix it. Thanks for the suggestions though! Now begins the process of contacting Amazon.
0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,710 5,698 541 1,196
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Derbel,

You're very welcome.

Not much else you can do in this situation. You could start troubleshooting components but why do this on a brand new PC.

It is best to return the product if you are within the exchange/refund period.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation