9 7 0 4
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen control app not working

870 - 200 nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello , 

for some days, I am no longer able to change the colors of my computer through Omen control application. It is always set to '' color show '' any change I make in the application.
My system is fully upgraded, both for Windows part, for HP software and drivers, including bios.
I then tried uninstalling this application and reinstalling it using HP Recovery Manger.
Operation completed successfully, but unfortunately we are at the starting point. Problem is not solved. 
My computer, except for this small problem, works really well, so if possible I would avoid a restore system.
Any idea to fix it?
Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
8,121 8,112 485 932
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings @Stars83

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to change the color of the desktop, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Were you able to change the colors before as that feature is not available on all computers?

Recommend you install HP System Event utility from this link and let me know if it helped. 

Keep me posted.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Stars83
Level 1
9 7 0 4
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I understand that you are unable to change the color of the desktop, is that right?

Right 

Were you able to change the colors before as that feature is not available on all computers?

Yes , with omen control version 1.1.1

worked perfectly ,
now also reinstalling it, by using HP recovery manager no longer works.
HP System Event utility is already on my pc , up to date. 
0 Kudos
krzemien
Level 7
683 665 28 151
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Stars83
Level 1
9 7 0 4
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the info; I can confirm that 

If the operating system is reinstalled, omen control returns to work perfectly. What I did on my 870 200 nl. In the post it is mentioned that the user did this through the media creation tool of Windows. I reset my to factory data, using the preinstalled partition for recovery, via HP recovery manager. I can confirm that it works now. So the only thing I'm minding is that for some reason, reinstalling the single application does not perform a 'clean installation'.

In this regard, is there an external link to download omen control for 870 200 nl?

For some reason 

I think some registry keys remain unchanged if you reinstall the single application.
0 Kudos
krzemien
Level 7
683 665 28 151
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So you confirm that in order to fix it you simply restored the OS from recovery media / partition and Omen Control works okay. This is not a bad idea but it's rather inconvenient one (at least for me) to get such a small issue fixed.

Is this Win10 Anniversary Update that you have installed on your PC if I may ask?

I wonder for how long it will work though as inevitably something that was installed along the line since I got my PC (either MS or HP driver / utility update) breaks it and Omen Control no longer works correctly on Win10 Anniversary Update.

Last comment: few people confirmed that once Creators Update (this is the instance installed from Media Creation Tool that was mentioned in one of the threads) is installed, problem goes away. Again, I wonder for how long.

At this moment of time I merely await MS notification that my PC is ready to be upgraded to Creators Update.

0 Kudos
Stars83
Level 1
9 7 0 4
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I confirm what you have said , and the procedure i have done ; 

After recovery system (trought hp recovery manager) i have update windows 10. 

Now versione installed is : Windows 10 Home version 1703. 

Hp Omen control version 1.1.1 work perfectly .

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation