1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen control app

omen desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good Morning,

I have been searching for a way to turn off the red display light on my new desktop ( it scares the grandkids ).  I have done a search for the control app that should shut it off but I do not have that app.  I searched this site and found a few sites and have downloaded that app but an error shows and it is not appied.  I may have downloaded the app for the notebook ? Also I have read that not all desktops offer the solution ?  Error reads- Syncom.dll not found, tried reinstalling but no positive result.  Sorry not a big computer guy I muddle through this..

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,587 22,544 1,891 3,013
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen control app

@Krazydaver

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand the omen control app isn't working as it should,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know that the HP Omen app only works if it was sent along with your PC?

(If it wasn't sent along, your device isn't designed to work with the Omen controller app)

That said, Click here to download it from HP after you remove the one you've installed, (only) if you've accidentally removed the original software and want to get it back, use the below links to download the software:

Click here for instructions to recover it from HP recovery manager.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation