Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
GT11-0108no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Can anyone explain to me why the memory in my Omen only runs at 2400MHz (in windows task manager) when the processor according to Intel (i5-10400F) is set to 2666MHz and the memory used in the computer is 3200MHz capable 2x8 GB HyperX,  I don't seem to be able to change it anywhere in BIOS or OMEN Command Center.

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks 

My mistake wrong memory installed 🙂

Regards. Heine

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@heine121 , welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you check the memory speed with CPU-Z:  https://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html

This information will be in the TAB titled "Memory".  The speed will be "DRAM Frequency".  You will multiply the speed by two because the motherboard supports Dual channel memory architecture.  For instance, my memory is running at 3200 MHz and in CPU-Z it shows as 1608.3 MHz (x2).

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi! Thanks 

My mistake wrong memory installed 🙂

Regards. Heine

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @heine121!  It is always best to use the correct memory! 😉  Glad you solved your problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.