Fake_Computer Top Student
Top Student
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Omen screen darkens during games

HP Omen 17-an0xx

I got this laptop about 4 months ago and its been working fine except that when I play a game Ex: Fortnite or tf2 or other fps (mainly fortnite) the game works fine until a few minutes in the game when the screen completely darkens and I can't interact with it, but the sounds and whatever aplication was on was still going on such as a youtube video. The only way I found that will fix it temporarely is by holding down the power button. Once I get back on everything works as if nothimg hapened, but then I play Fortnite and a couple minutes in it does the samething, over and over and over again.

2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,213 5,131 485 1,056
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I can't locate your specific product using 17-an0xx.

Go to your PC's HP support site to check for a newer graphics driver.

Download Furmark. Run a GPU stress test. You may be able to see high GPU temps or dropped frame rates before the graphics card chokes.

Run HP boot time UEFI Diagnostics.

Tom

0 Kudos
Intern Intern
Intern
28 27 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The game you are playing may require more processing power and might go into dim display mode if played on battery .

Pls cross check this requirejnet and try playing the game when AC adaptor plugged in.

Hope this Helps

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation