2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Online game problems

HP Omen 870-213w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I bought a new computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05577988

Everything works great except I am constantly rubberbanding every 1-2 seconds in all online games. This happens with low or high ping, ranging 20-500. I also download much faster than usual, my internet downloads 1mb/s but I'm sometimes getting 4mb/s and load youtube videos very fast. No other computer or device on this connection has ever faced this problem. Also, I am wired with the same ethernet as my previous pc which had no problems. Posting here was a last resort for me as I've searched for days disabling and enabling things, restarting the pc, doing whatever I can, Please help, thank you.

EDIT: 0% packet loss, just tested.

EDIT again: Basically, it's like watching the seconds hand on a clock, and every little move is a frame skip.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,216
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Online game problems

Hi @jspano,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues while playing games on your HP Desktop PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you trying to play games online or are you trying to download?

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to uninstall and reintall the display drivers?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

If this is happening while playing games online, What browser are you using? Have you tried to use different browsers? Have you tried to reset the browser?

In this case, I would suggest you can try to update the flash player and Java.

If this is to do with the games being downloaded on to the computer and then trying to play, I would suggest you try these steps here: 

Let's try to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers from Device Manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand display adapters>then select the display drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.

Check the box that states delete the software for this device.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and display drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jspano
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Online game problems

None of this fixed the problem. The computer has done this since I purchased it and I believe it is faulty.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,384 2,216
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Online game problems

Hi @jspano,

As I understand this seems to be an issue from the time you purchased this PC. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation