Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I would like to buy a new computer for a work with 3D graphics. As I can't buy and build my own PC these days I am considering buying pre-build computer. I consider buying OMEN 30L with 10850K CPU and RTX 3090 GPU.

Do someone here has it and use it for work with 3D? Do you recommend this computer? 

I like HP prodoucts much, but never had pre-build desktop, I also read, that this PC has some overheating issues.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I wouldn’t. 
I purchased the 30L with 3080 last month and while I am happy I was even able to get that I wish I’d spent a few more and gotten something else. 
Id suggest a NZXT creator edition that comes with an actual aftermarket 3090 otherwise you’ll end up with a no name HP oem rtx 3090. I personally didn’t enjoy the HP bios restrictions so I had to switch my motherboard. Long story short I’d say DONT DO IT spending that kinda money. I know I wouldn’t again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I wouldn’t. 
I purchased the 30L with 3080 last month and while I am happy I was even able to get that I wish I’d spent a few more and gotten something else. 
Id suggest a NZXT creator edition that comes with an actual aftermarket 3090 otherwise you’ll end up with a no name HP oem rtx 3090. I personally didn’t enjoy the HP bios restrictions so I had to switch my motherboard. Long story short I’d say DONT DO IT spending that kinda money. I know I wouldn’t again. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

HP Recommended

Hi

Do you know many pci-e ports it has? and what speed?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.