Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
870-014no Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I was looking into this product and i saw it had a 500 Watt power supply but used the 980 ti and if I would oc it would it have enough power.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

HP provides very little option to overclock CPU or RAM in BIOS.

If that is what you like then you may be disappointed.

Grzy

HP Recommended
I guess ITS ok. I wasnt looking for the computer which was able to overclock that much. But when the warranty has run out and maybe after 2-3 years can I change the psu for a better one?
HP Recommended

Hello

You should be able to upgrade the power supply.

I have done this on HP PC's with good results.

Did see a power supply upgrade problem in this forum with the internal Ultra Slim DVD burner HP is now using. It has a non-standard power connection.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Yes.

You can overclock an Omen. Your i5-660K is an unlocked processor.

The Intel Extreme Tuning utility should make it pretty straightforward.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075

Do a little reading on overclocking before you push it too hard.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking-intel-processors.html

The Thimpu motherboard in your system has a standard ATX 20-pin header on the motherboard. So the PSU can also be upgraded, but 500W is certainly enough power capacity for a beasty video card if you want to upgrade it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.