KyleK66
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Overclocking Settings Not Saving

HP Omen 880-130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased this desktop about a month ago and decided to explore the overclocking options using the Omen Command Center. Using the command center I overclocked the I7-8700k to 4.7ghz on all cores and ran the benchmark and received a score of 2406. I than ran other benchmarks such as Userbenchmark and Cinebench and then proceeded to play Dishonored 2 on ultra settings for a few hours monitoring my temperatures and everything was fine and the command center gave me no warnings or messages of the computer becoming unstable. 

Today I started up my computer and noticed that the overclock settings had reduced to 4.5ghz. I thought maybe I hadn't saved them or something so I put them back up to 4.7ghz and ran the benchmark and once again no problems or anything and I made sure to apply all changes and as far as I can see theres no specific save option. I then restarted the PC and once again it reverted to 4.5 ghz. 

How do I get my overlock settings to save? I don't want to have to redo these settings every single time I turn the computer on. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
11,083 10,894 1,124 3,242
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Overclocking Settings Not Saving

Hello @KyleK66

Im not sure whats happening. Try this as a test.

In Omen Command, set the Core Ratio to 46x and dont set anything else.

Go to Start>Power and hit the Restart button.

The PC should completely turn off including lights, then power itself back on.

Check the ratio to see if it held.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation