Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-28-2020 09:11 PM
My PC suddenly shut down on itself while I was using it. Tried to turn it on put it won't. Turned out that the power supply wasn't receiving any power!
I had to turn of the power button from my power strip then turn on so the power supply would receive power.
What was wrong there and is it dangerous or is an issue with to 500W power supply?
01-29-2020 06:38 PM
@ProfFiras95 , welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you may have a faulty power strip. I suggest that you plug the computer directly into the wall outlet to see if that solves your problem. If it does, you should buy a new surge suppressor power strip. The one in my link has Heavy-duty, 8-ft cord with right-angle plug. The right-angle plug allows you to use the outlets below the plug.
Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community