Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I own an HP Pavilion Gaming PC TG01-1120. I am unable to use the onboard graphics card after I removed the discrete graphics card (GTX 1650) to install a capture card on the only PCIE 16x slot? The motherboard spots HDMI and VGA ports but once the discrete graphics is removed the PC does not post. Is there a workaround for this or way to activate the onboard graphics card?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@opedman,

An interesting issue. Unfortunately, once any kind of video card is installed in your PCIe X16 slot, any onboard integrated graphics is automatically disabled. There's nothing you can do about that.

But wait, there IS a workaround.  You'll have to use your Baker motherboard's PCIe X1 slot for a PCIe X1 compatible video capture card such as the "Elgato HD60 Pro1080p60 Capture and Passthrough PCIe Capture Card" such as found here: https://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Pro1080p60-Passthrough-Low-Latency-Technology/dp/B014MQIVPS/ref=sr_1_2...

NonSequitur777_1-1653576233960.png

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

hi

@NonSequitur777 wrote:

@opedman,

An interesting issue. Unfortunately, once any kind of video card is installed in your PCIe X16 slot, your onboard integrated UHD 630 Graphics is automatically disabled. There's nothing you can do about that.

Sorry, @NonSequitur777  @opedman   just to add, because that's not exactly the problem here.
This computer can't work without a graphics card, it's actually the processor that doesn't allow it!

Intel® Core™ i5-10400F

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/199278/intel-core-i510400f-processor-12m-cache-...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@Prométhée,

That is indeed true -thank you for bringing this up.  But in my mind, that wasn't the issue either.  My take was/is that @opedman wanted to have/use a video capture card AND have a high-resolution video feed to his monitor.

Therefore, with a decent video capture card installed on his PCIe X1 slot, his PCIe X16 slot is wide open for his GTX 1650 -and voilà, problem(s) solved.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Yes @NonSequitur777  totally agree with that
The motherboard has a 1x slot, this allows you to keep the video card, which is much more interesting!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Your response is deeply appreciated. The only snag is I already own a BMD Decklink 4K Pro which can only fit into the PCIE16x Slot. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for this information.  What processor would you suggest ?

HP Recommended

Hi @opedman 

I'm bored because @NonSequitur777 's answer was very on point, and seems to me the simplest and best
provided you part with your card
So I give you the model page, but I leave the answer to @NonSequitur777 
I wouldn't want to "steal" the post here
so i'm going to make a request for that, and then you can mark his answer if you want, thanks

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c07955567

Motherboard Specifications

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

will any of these function with the integrated graphics card?

1. Intel Core i5-10400 (Comet Lake-S) 2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.3 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB L3 cache, 6 cores

2. Intel Core i7-10700 (Comet Lake-S) 2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB L3 cache, 8 cores

HP Recommended

@opedman,

You got it. Both the i5-10400 and the i7-10700 have integrated graphics (Intel® UHD Graphics 630).

As an extra service, you can get an Intel i5-10400 starting at $122 via eBay such here: Intel CPU Core i5-10400 2.90GHz Six-Core 12MB 65W Socket LGA1151 SRH3C Processor | eBay, and you can get an Intel i7-10700 for $247 via Ebay such as here: Intel I7-10700 2.3GHz 10th Gen 12MB Cache 8 Core Socket 1200 CPU SRH6Y *km | eBay

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.