Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 690 0002no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had my pc running for about 16 hours before I noticed it was turned off when I came back. As soon I turned it on I heard continuous beep sound and saw a message on the screen which said something about thermal shutdown/overheat if I remember correctly.

I checked my temps on idle and they are perfectly fine even after playing for many hours straight. 

Edit: The pc is new, bought it last week. Just did a bios update thru Hp support tool. Should I be worried?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi gamingfreak91,

No problem.

The BIOS update did not fix the error.

The error condition may be valid or a false positive. Either way you should check it out.

You will have to contact HP Support if you had this problem with an "out of the box experience".

Go here to request warranty support.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings gamingfreak91,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Good to work with you again.

It appears the BIOS update you have installed may be causing a false positive.

I would try to see if you can go back to the HP factory installed BIOS.

Please go to the following HP Support site for instructions on how to do this.

Let the forum know if this helps.

There are other options.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks again :). Sorry for my bad wording. This occured before the bios update. I did bios update right after it happened

HP Recommended

Hi gamingfreak91,

No problem.

The BIOS update did not fix the error.

The error condition may be valid or a false positive. Either way you should check it out.

You will have to contact HP Support if you had this problem with an "out of the box experience".

Go here to request warranty support.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks once again for the help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Best wishes.

HP will take care of this problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.