Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bought the computer a couple months ago have been using it for one. Had windows 10 working fine, installed a patch that required a restart. Left after selecting restart. Come back a few days later, the pc is on with fans on full and the monitor is displaying the omen logo. The pc normally sleeps after 15 mins and having it stay on for days never happens unless a game is running. The boot screen(the omen logo) has never lasted for more than a minute, even during setup so it is unusual for it to stick around.

I tried turning it off and on, doing a hard reset (unplugging and holding down power for 15 secs) and updating BIOS, nothing worked. when on the BIOS screen, pressing Esc for startup menu doesn't work and restarting it just results in the boot screen again.

Its connected through ethernet and wireless and I added a second 8G memory stick between the last update and this one.

How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @This_Iss_A_Test

Its been happen quite a bit lately from the recent Windows updates and I have not seen any good results from troubleshooting.

I would save the trouble and do a recovery via F11 or do a clean install with a Windows ISO.

You will lose the current data on the drive when you do.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @This_Iss_A_Test

Its been happen quite a bit lately from the recent Windows updates and I have not seen any good results from troubleshooting.

I would save the trouble and do a recovery via F11 or do a clean install with a Windows ISO.

You will lose the current data on the drive when you do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.