Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3500 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing new 600W power supply and gtx 1660 graphics card into my HP pro 3500 series Microtower, my pc won't run correctly. it allows me to log in to my account and then after about 30-45 seconds i get a blue screen that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. we're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you" Then at the bottom it says "stop code: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" and "What failed: Wdf01000.sys" I've tried reconnecting everything with the new power supply and re seating the new graphics card. Once I put the old card back in (Nvidia GT 610) the PC works just fine. Everything I see says it needs a BIOS update but I can't find one for windows 10 64-bit. Everything in the PC is from factory except the power supply and graphics card, it has an i5-3470 processor. Any help would be appreciated and if I'm missing any info let me know

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@cbarnett18 , welcome to the forum.

Here is a HP Knowledge Base article that may explain your problem:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Knowledge-Base/Upgrade-Video-Card/ta-p/7481981

Read the first paragraph about the BIOS.  If your computer has a standard/Legacy BIOS this would explain your problem.  The GTX 1660 requires UEFI in the motherboard.  The information that I have read on your computer says it was released in either 2011 or 2012.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  The BIOS can't be upgraded the UEFI.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.