Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

My computer "Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-00xx" won't shut off. 

When I shut off my computer, the green led on the front stay lighted and the fan are still running. 

I have no choice to stop the computer by pressing 5s the botton on the front.

All my computer is updated. All my driver and softwares are updated

Version of windows update: 1909.

Is someone meet this kind of issue ? 

Many thanks for your help,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pylvain , welcome to the forum.

You can give this a try to see if it works:

Hp pavilion won't turn off

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter...
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes,...

If this doesn't solve your problem, here is a guide that may help:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC-series/10862170/model/11792512/docum...

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi Old_geekster,

Thanks for your help!

I tried your first option. 

I pressed the F10 key to enter inside the BIOS. I loaded the Setup Default settings.

I successfully turn off my computer after this operation.

After that, I reopened my computer in the normal way, but it was impossible to turn off my HP.

I tried also the second option, to reinstall the computer and nothing changed.

I updated the bios from HP website. I have now the version F.41 and nothing changed.

Hopefully my computer is under warranty.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Pylvain!

This is a tough problem to solve.  Here is a guide to help you check to see if the computer is still under warranty:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.