12-13-2018 10:46 PM
Hello, I recently bought myself a pc as a treat, but it has really not been working to well. It is unable to run darksouls, destiny and sometimes even rocket league. It is a fairly good pc, gtx 1070, 7700, but it is just struggling. Please help.
12-15-2018 03:36 PM
Welcome to HP Forums,
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂
I see that your experiencing performance issue and unable to run games,
I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution;
- When was the last time it worked without these issues?
- Are they online games or installed on your PC?
- What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..).
- What is the operating system?
In the meantime, you may try the below steps, as even if the game is compatible with your system hardware it may have a slow performance because you are using the windows 10 as the OS uses most of the CPU & graphics card usage, you might want to reduce the visual effects for windows to save the amount of CPU & Graphics card usage required to run your game properly.
Here's how you do it:
Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
click Apply and ok...this should do the trick.
Also, you can try enabling the Game Mode:
- Inside your game, press Windows Key + G to open the Game Bar.
- This should release your cursor. Now, find the Game Mode icon on the right side of the bar as shown below.
- Click to toggle Game Mode on or off.
- Click on your game or press ESC to hide the Game Bar
Let's try compatibility mode:
1. Right click on the game and select Open File Location),
2. Right-click the game's .exe file and select Properties,
3. Under the General tab, ensure that Hidden and Read Only are not checked,
4. Under the Compatibility tab, enable compatibility mode and select the Windows version that matches the game's listed recommended specifications,
5. Under the Compatibility tab, enable Run this program as an administrator,
6. Under the Security tab, select your user ID and ensure all privileges are set to Allow.
You can choose to run the program in Windows 7 compatibility mode or even all the way back to Windows 10 compatibility.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee