Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am thinking about buying a Omen Desktop that has an i7-8700, 16gb, 2TB, and a RTX 2080. Now my main concern is that the power supply that comes with it is only 500w. Is this enough? The desktop is only air cooled and I'm worried that the power supply will fail. If i were to replace the power supply with a 750w, would that void a warranty? I need suggestions. This is a computer I plan on buying from Best Buy but comes straight from HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@optimadarin, welcome to the forum.

HP has their motherboards made to their own specifications.  Therefore, they have the components designed to work with the requirements of each model.  The 500W PSU will be just fine with the computer as it comes from the factory.  However, if you plan to upgrade, a PSU upgrade will most likely be necessary.  It will not void the warranty if you upgrade to a 750W PSU, as long as, you don't damage any of the components.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@optimadarin, welcome to the forum.

HP has their motherboards made to their own specifications.  Therefore, they have the components designed to work with the requirements of each model.  The 500W PSU will be just fine with the computer as it comes from the factory.  However, if you plan to upgrade, a PSU upgrade will most likely be necessary.  It will not void the warranty if you upgrade to a 750W PSU, as long as, you don't damage any of the components.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.