Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750-410xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

So I just tried to upgrade the 300W PSU in my hp desktop to a 500W one but realized that the 4-pin connector that HP made on the motherboard is actually mirrored to other brands. So any suggestion on what type of PSU should I buy?

I prefer PSU made by HP if that could secure they can fit in my motherboard.

Thanks,

PS: To all those how considering replacing PSU on HP desktop. Make sure ALLLLLLLLL of the connectors fit your new PSU before checkout from Amazon! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I am not an HP employee.

Try HP PartSurfer to see if you can locate a 500 watt PSU.

Your PC did ship with a 300 watt and a 500 watt option at purchase.

Please explain why you are having a problem a 500 watt PSU replacement. Are you referring to the four pin EPS connection on the motherboard? The Odens2-S four pin EPS connection  appears to be industry standard.

Are you able to install the 500 watt PSU in the HP chassis?

The new PSU, if it fits, should work correctly.

Regards

HP Recommended

The HP PartSurfer doesn't work because it has no option of PSU for my computer. And yes, it is the 4-pin plug on my motherboard that doesn't fit the PSU, it seems built by industry standard but the shape of pins are actually mirrored to other brands'. 

FSP 500Watt ATX12V/EPS12V 80 PLUS Bronze certified Power Supply Berserker 500 Here is the PSU I'm talking about. 

HP Recommended

Hi.

I am not familiar with the PSU you purchased.

I am pretty sure the four pin connector on your HP motherboard is industry standard. I can only make this guess by looking at the HP Support motherboard image.

Many folks install Corsair power supplies in HP consumer PCs with zero problems.

Compare the Berseker 500 EPS connector to the HP power supply EPS connector. Both should be identical. The Berserker EPS connector is a split eight pin connector. One of the four pin connectors should match the HP PSU connector and install on the motherboard correctly.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.