Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahdiyari123
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Prebuilt gaming computers

While many "advanced" gamers build their gaming PCs themselves, some choose to go with pre-built or custom-built gaming PCs. These PCs can often be more expensive than building one's own, with higher premiums attached to high-end brands with varying levels of customer service.
Different companies offer varying degrees of customization. While established gaming computers such as Alienware offer unique case designs and little customization from the user prior to purchase, other smaller firms allow a greater degree of customization and better value-for-money, often to the same extent as if the user were to build the computer themselves.
There are however, drawbacks to building one's own computer. Assembling a computer means being personally responsible for any problems that may arise, both during the assembly phase, and after it is in regular use. Instead of using a single technical support hotline to cover the entire system, often one will have to deal with individual component manufacturers.
Due to the wide inconsistencies in after-purchase support from component manufacturers, trying to get support can be a daunting task. Customer support is a major reason why even extreme gaming enthusiasts may look to a system integrator for their custom PC builds. There are many positive aspects in تکمیل ظرفیت ارشد choosing to build one's own system, such as no longer being tied to specific configurations. Pricing on individual components is often better, and thus can save quite a lot of money on a comparable pre-built system. Warranties are often included with the price of each individual piece of hardware when building a PC, whereas a prebuilt PC's warranty may cost an additional fee or may be as little as 1 or 2 years for the entire system. Those who choose to build their own PC often seek help from an online community or forum in the absence of a consumer helpline.
One major drawback of buying a prebuilt gaming PC aside from the extra cost is that they are often built with a very powerful CPU, but with a relatively weak graphics card. This results in a "gaming" PC that performs poorly in gaming for the price paid. Most games today do not benefit much from having a very powerful CPU with more than 4 core and hyper-threading,[28] but benefits greatly with a more powerful graphics card.

3 REPLIES 3
engr146
Level 2
17 14 0 3
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All  very true,But The price of graphic cards has to be considered ,My HP Omen 870-213w has i7-7700 non -K /GTX 1070     ( $450) alone! -256 GB SSD -1TB HDD -16 gb ram-500 watt PSU Thats all you need For any game today,I would have chosen the i7-8700k but wasn't available in the 870 models as far as I Know.I purchased the extended warranty on both my omen PC and my Omen 27" monitor,I wasn't going to spend $700  on any monitor without a extended monitor warranty from HP 2yrs care plan $27 Note: the manufacturers warranty starts when they recieve it at the store,not when you purchased it!!!someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Engineer146
Level 12
Level 12
5,773 5,761 545 1,203
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi engr146,

The warranty should start at consumer purchase date.

I had to fix some warranty problems by contacting HP Support on new systems over the years.

I had one new HP PC with a warranty start date = to the manufacturing date.

Regards

engr146
Level 2
17 14 0 3
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will check that out,Hopefully won't have to.I had a problem w/bios password when I 1st bought it and they sent a retun box rite out,but I was able to resolve it myself.no need to send it into HP for repair.

THX

Engineer146
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation