Fishmiester
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem getting the right performance

HP Pavilion 580-05na Power Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For Christmas, i was given the HP Pavilion 580-052na Power Desktop. (Hardware and components: Nvidia GTX 1050, 8 GB Ram, 128 GB SSD Storage, 1 TB HDD Storage, i5 7400 core processor, Windows 10 64 bit  )

For the first week it was perfectly fine, running cs on 200 - 400 fps at sometimes. However recently this statistic has turned to 40 - 80. 

This is perculiar as other games such as Fortnite, Rust and others have kept the same fps as before and after this. I've tried other solutions as different configs, uninstalling and such. But no results. I've looked online for threads and guides of others asking for the solution. But they are either unanswered or have stated that the solution they recieved didnt work. I've tried all given options i've found. 

Please submit any conclusions, solutions or opinions on this matter and hopefully I and others who have the same problem can find a solution given by someone in the comments.

Thank you. - Fish

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
5,701 5,689 540 1,195
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Problem getting the right performance

Hi

Have you updated the Nvidia graphics driver to the latest version (390.65)?

The latest Windows 10 update to mitigate Meltdown and Spectre may be slowing down your system.

I have all kinds of broken low level software because of the above Windows 10 fix. I will have to wait for OEM's to issue updated stuff.

Tom

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation